How do I request an absentee ballot?
View File: Request_for_Absentee_Ballot_August 2014.pdf
To vote by-mail, a registered voter must meet certain requirements.
A registered voter may request an application for a by-mail ballot no earlier than ninety (90) days before the election and no later than seven (7) days before the election. To be processed for the next election, the application must be received by the election commission no later than seven (7) days before the election.
To request a by-mail absentee ballot, mail, fax or email with an attached document which includes a scanned signature the following information directly to your local county election commission office:
- Name of the registered voter
- Address of the voter's residence
- Voter's social security number
- Voter's date of birth
- Address to mail the ballot outside the county (this applies only when the reason for voting by mail involves that the voter will be outside of the county during early voting and on Election Day)
- The election in which the voter wishes to participate. If the election involves a primary, the political party in which the voter wishes to participate.
- Reason the voter wishes to vote absentee. If applicable, a copy of the CDL containing the CDL number or the TWIC card must be included in the voter’s request.
- Voter's signature
A request that contains this information will be processed and a ballot will be mailed to the voter.