The Jefferson County Sanitation Department operates the county landfill and nine garbage disposal sites for county residents.
Trash collection centers are operated through county taxes and commercial fees. Aside from taxes used to support the centers, County residents do not pay to dump garbage here.
Convenience Center addresses and phone numbers:
- Landfill—650 Grove Road, Dandridge,865-397-3544, Fax-865-397-4257
- Dandridge Center-1011 J.C. Thomas Road, Dandridge
- White Pine Center-1376 Leadmine Road, White Pine
- New Market Center-1550 Quarry Road, New Market
- Deep Springs Road-1349 Deep Springs Road, Dandridge
- Strawberry Plains Center-869 Old Dandridge Pike, Strawberry Plains, 865-932-4232
- Old Landfill Center-330 Landfill Road, Jefferson City, 865-475-4354
- Indian Creek Center-1823 Indian Creek Road, Dandridge, 865-397-5976
- Dickey Road Center-2611 Dickey Road, Dandridge
- Rocktown Center-560 Rocktown Road, Jefferson City, 865-471-5401
All centers except for Old Landfill Center on Highway 92 are open on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Wednesday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Old Landfill Center is open Monday-Saturday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. All centers are closed on Sundays. Landfill located on 650 Grove Road is open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Saturday, 8 a.m. to noon, closed Sunday.
All center locations take household bagged garbage, newspaper, cardboard, plastic and used oil for recycling.
The Landfill accepts household bagged garbage, metal plus white goods, furniture, tires (must be removed from rims), demolition materials (but not household or farm chemicals, brush, stumps or limbs). We accept dead animals for burial, cardboard, plastic, newspaper and used oil for recycling. There is a periodic hazardous household day, which is designated by the state and advertised through the radio, newspaper and flyers.