The IT Department has responsibility for the Jefferson County computer and network systems. If a county department has another computer and network system provided by the state of Tennessee or another 3rd party, it is the responsibility of that department to contact the necessary technical resource. The Jefferson County IT department will give assistance as requested on those particular systems.
The Jefferson County IT Director is responsible for the following:
- Phone systems
- All local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN)
- County website
- Computer hardware
- Network hardware
- Hardware Maintenance
- Software Maintenance
- System Backups
- Disaster Recovery
The IT Department is committed to the following:
- Providing automated data processing services and support to the internal departments that make up the Jefferson County government.
- Assisting each Jefferson County Government Department with the research and acquisition of computer equipment, while maintaining strict adherence to the current State and County guidelines for all purchases.
- Ensuring that technology equipment and services procured for the County are adequate for the task intended and the best value for funds are expended.
- Training personnel and upgrades to current hardware and systems are always a priority as required.