The Register of Deeds office holds documents from 1792 to the present. Our office records various types of deeds, assignments, releases and other instruments. 

Welcome to the Jefferson County Register of Deeds.  We live in a beautiful county nestled in the Tennessee Valley, a stone’s throw from the Great Smoky Mountains.  With two expansive lakes, close proximity to a metropolitan area, and rich history, it’s easy to see why we’ve been one of the fastest-growing counties in Tennessee!

The citizens of Jefferson County deserve friendly, courteous, and professional service.  We strive to offer that type of service on a daily basis to everyone who visits this office.

We hope you find this information convenient and helpful.  Thank you for visiting!

Are your records accessible online?

Yes, all records after September 1, 1998, are accessible from this office and online, and you can reach them by calling B.I.S. Information Systems at 866-604-3673 or online.

Are your records available by fax or email?


How far back do your records date for Jefferson County?

Our records begin in 1792 and are up-to-date, open to the public, and may be inspected during regular office hours.

Is this where I register my deed?

Yes, we record all types of deeds, assignments, releases, powers of attorney, and a variety of miscellaneous instruments.

What is the cost for recording my deed?

Warranty deeds are taxed at the rate of $3.70 per thousand dollars of value or consideration, whichever is greater. Trust deeds are exempt on the first $2,000.00 and taxable at the rate of $1.15 per thousand on the balance of the mortgage. Most instruments are priced with a minimum of $10.00 for 1 or 2 pages with an additional $5.00 for each page or each instrument included in the document. Every instrument has an additional $2.00 fee for data processing and $1.00 when tax is being collected.

How do I get a copy of my survey?

We will need to take a look at your deed to see if there is a plot or survey recorded. Not all properties have a recorded survey; in this case, contact us or the Assessor of Property.

What restrictions are on my property?

All properties do not have restrictions except the ones required by the Zoning Office. These restrictions are dependent upon the municipality in which you reside. Please contact your City Hall to determine your requirements. If you reside in the county, your deed may include the restrictions or there may be a reference given as to where they are recorded. Most subdivisions have some restrictions.

How many liens are on this property?

You are welcome to search the records in our office or hire an attorney or title company to do your research. We cannot clear the property for you to purchase.


I want to divide my property and deed a portion of it to my child. Where do I start?

Contact the Zoning Office for information on dividing the property in the county. Call the City Hall in the municipality in which you reside for the information regarding dividing property outside of the county jurisdiction.

Can you prepare a deed for me?

No. You must take a new recorded survey and a copy of your former deed to an attorney to have a new deed prepared. After this is finished, please bring it to this office for recording.

I have a copy of a power of attorney, deed, etc. Can I get this copy recorded?

We must have the original instrument. We cannot record copies.


Where can I find my property value or appraisal information?

The state keeps a record of this information.

What address should I use to mail via FedEx & UPS?

Our address for items sent via FedEx or UPS is: 202 W. Main St., Dandridge, TN, 37725

Comments are closed.

Close Search Window