Jefferson Co. Sheriff’s LEOSA Firearms Course
Please note: Attendance is restricted to honorably retired law enforcement officers with at least 10 years of service.
Training Objectives: Upon completion of the eight (8) hour classroom and practical instruction, the student will:
- Complete a firearms qualification course which meets the standards for retired law
enforcement officers in accordance with Title 18 USC Section 926c
- Understand deadly force and how it applies to the use of firearms.
- Know the rules and procedures for the operation of a safe firearms training session and the
storage and handling of a firearms
- Know how to safely handle, inspect and carry weapons on or off duty.
- Know how to properly use the weapon through the application of sound decision making and judgement. Know JCSO Policy # 13 “Firearms and Use of Force Regulations”.
- As a result of this training, officers will be able to demonstrate s functional and safe level of competency in the overall use of their weapons in compliance with General Orders of the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office and US TITLE 18 USC Section 926c.
- All students are required to score a minimum of 75 % on handguns, and a 10 question written test.
WHEN & HOW TO ATTEND:
Download and complete the provided class registration form and submit using the file upload below.
Friday, October 27, 2023 – 8 AM – 5 PM
TRAINING LOCATION: Jefferson County Sheriff’s Firearms Range, off Hwy 92, on
Landfill Road, Dandridge, TN 37725
FEE: Free for honorably retired peace officers living in East Tennessee
WHAT TO BRING: Bring your clean, serviceable UNLOADED Handgun(s), 50 rounds of ammunition for each HG you chose to qualify with, empty magazines, and Eye & Ear protection – DO NOT LOAD weapons until instructed to do so during actual qualifications. Bring your gunbelt or holster you wear while armed, and bring your own drinks and lunch or lunch money for nearby fast food choices.
DRESS CODE: Clothing appropriate for outdoor range firearms qualifications – no shorts, open-toed shoes or red shirts.
Questions? Contact Deputy Gail Wilczynski: 916-416-1376 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the file upload below to upload your registration form.
Please note: you will need to fill out the form and then save it to your device prior to uploading.