How Do I Register to Vote?
Before registering to vote, please go here and check to see if you have already registered.
Anyone who lives in Jefferson County and will be 18 years old or older on or before the next election may register to vote, provided they register to vote prior to 30 days before the next election. (TCA § 2-2-109) prohibits the processing of a voter registration that is within 30 days of an election. Those received during that period will be processed after the election in question. The last day to process a voter registration to participate in a particular election is as follows:
- For the March 3, 2020 Presidential Preference Primary (PPP) and Jefferson County Primary Election, you must register on or before February 3, 2020.
- For the August 6, 2020 Jefferson County General Election and Tennessee State Primary Election and the Federal Primary Election you must register on or before July 7, 2020.
- For the November 3, 2020 Tennessee State General Election, the Federal General Election and the City Elections you must register before October 5, 2020.
You may register in a number of ways…
1. Register online at the Tennessee Division of Elections.
2. When you obtain or renew your driver’s license at the Department of Motor Vehicles.
3. At the Jefferson County Election’s Office
The lower level of the Health Department.
4. By Mail. If you would like to print an application for voter registration and mail it to the office or submit it in person. Please fill out the voter registration form completely and deliver it to the physical address of 931 Industrial Park Rd., Dandridge, TN or mail it to the Election Commission, at the following address:
Jefferson County Election Commission
P.O. Box 177
Dandridge, TN 37725
- If you register by mail, you must vote in person your first time.
- The registration form cannot be accepted if filled out with a pencil, only an ink pen.
- All questions must be answered completely. The form cannot be accepted with any blank questions.
For more information, visit Tennessee Voter Registration and follow the prompts, or call our office at 865-397-3440.